BLIND Contour examples:
PURPOSE: To teach yourself how to REALLY look at your subject. This requires a slow observation.
How do you do it:
- Keep your drawing tool (pencil, pen, crayon, etc.) on the paper at all times.
- Do not lift off the paper
- Move slowly
- Do not look at your paper.
- Keep your eyes fixed on your hand (or whatever you are drawing).
- As you slowly follow the contour of your subject (the hand) with your eyes, your drawing tool will move along the paper at the same time.
- You may look at your drawing only when you have finished.
- Do not fix anything.
- Expect a funny (bad?) drawing.
MODIFIED Contour Drawing
This is similar to the BLIND process except for the fact that you can now look at your drawing.
- You still cannot lift your drawing tool.
- You still should draw slowly.
- You still need to look at your subject carefully.
- Spend at least 5 minutes per drawing.